slu

Real Montana Charcoal

For those of you seeking superlative lump charcoal, Real Montana Charcoal is once again in production. I recently received a shipment of apple, cherry, plum, and lilac. As some of you know, I was a huge fan of Hall's Hill hickory lump (and remain so), but Real Montana surpasses all other lump out there. With Dennis' extruded coconut and this new addition, I'm in charcoal heaven!

Re: Real Montana Charcoal I grilled these Wagyu burgers this evening with some residual apple. Reversed seared them. When I opened up the top hat, the KK shot up from 270 to 600 in no time. n67152 n67151

post-6800-139082399282_thumb.jpg

post-6800-13908239934_thumb.jpg

Re: Real Montana Charcoal

Peter:

That is my family's #1 favorite KK meal - they look fantastic!! My supply is running low so I'll be on the lookout for another batch. I have to say it's hard to belive the reverse sear method is such a success with burgers. You are a master at that technique for sure.

Susan

Re: Real Montana Charcoal

Thank you Susan. It's a method that works well on many levels, not the least of which is a divided household. One person prefers well done, the other prefers rare (me)! This way, I can plate them at the same time right off the grill. I'll let you know if I see them on sale.

Peter