Ducaticraig

Ribeye

fetch?id=68739fetch?id=68738fetch?id=68739fetch?id=68734fetch?id=68735fetch?id=68736fetch?id=68739

Finally starting to use my KK and giving the pellet grill a rest. I've been reading such wonderful grilling posts to this forum and decided to start contributing as well. So I grilled a couple Ribeyes on the lower grate with the dome temp around 400 degrees. I used the sear basket which really brings the temp of the KK up quickly. Plus I like being able to move the meat around from hotter to cooler area's on the grate. I seasoned with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of Tatanka dust which all worked together perfectly. I had so much fun using the KK I'm already looking forward to my next grilling session. Besides grilling some great meals the next best thing about having a KK is just looking at it in amazement. One never gets tired of looking at such a beautiful addition to the yard.

Re: Ribeye

Looks great! I'm a former pellet grill user as well. They are great for convenience, but the KK brings out these primal feelings of man, meat and fire like none other. I love it, and even though it is more user intensive it is so extremely intuitive and easy to use. I still enjoy the "process" of getting it ready: cleaning it out, precisely placing the lump, and firing up the flamethrower (JT850) to light it. Low the sound of that torch...

I gave my pellet grill to my father-in-law last year.