Yves

Hello - Off the fence - Got my KK and ready to learn it

Hello,

I stayed on the fence for a long time but finally, after reading all your comments, I jumped in and got my KK. It was a long process, I hesitated a lot as I already have both an expensive gas grill and an expensive smoker 100% stainless steel all integrated in a summer kitchen. I am ready to start using my KK and learn more about kamado cooking and KK in particular. I am stunned by the beauty of the KK and how well it hold the temperature steady (so easy to regulate). I think my gas grill is now just going to see much use anymore (what a waste) !

We had just redone our backyard including new grill and new smoker when we were invited to a friend who cooked on a BGE. I couldn't believe the results ! I needed one. I had just bought a new gas grill, what a mistake ! So I tried to explain to my wife that we could get a BGE. No way she told me "Having that ugly cooker in the middle of our new / neat backyard, it is an eyesore, when we have this nice summer kitchen ! I was trying to find a solution by eventually buying the BGE and hiding it .. rolling it alongside the house when not in use (difficult in gravel) when I found the KK on the internet. What a revelation ! Not only it was not ugly but it was even beautiful and an interesting decoration piece for a yard. So I showed it to my wife who found that it was really pretty.

Now I was still on the fence. I had already 2 very expensive pieces of cooking equipment in the yard. Did I really needed a third one ? If I knew I would have bought the KK originally (instead of gas) but too late for that now. So I hesitated, stayed on the fence for a long time. Until now when my wife decided to buy it (15 years anniversary) !

My wife is really picky about what goes into that backyard (particularly since we have relandscaped it). So for her to buy it, it really shows how beautiful it is ! It looks gorgeous in the yard. Very interesting piece. Thanks Dennis, without you I couldn't have experienced Kamado Cooking ! Now I need to learn to use it to its fullest !

Y.

Re: Hello - Off the fence - Got my KK and ready to learn it

Ah yes my wife is now a believer too!! You sound like you have some expierence so learning the KK will be a breeze! The results on a KK are wonderful. Let us know what your first cook is and how it went for you, Welcome to the club!!

Thanks,

Will try to send some pictures. Did some steak / fish and I am pretty happy with results (Have to have the KK hot though, tried one time quickly without heating it right and it was not as good.

Probably won't smoke much as I have a smoker but definitely will grill, pizza and may be rotisserie.

Y.

I watch a fishing show called "Fishing the Flats". They always have a short cooking segment where guy cooks seafood on a Big Green Egg, they are a sponsor. This season they have a new guy who is cooking on a Primo Oval XL, who are now a sponsor. So they are "ceramically evolving" and one can only assume that at some point they will make the jump to KK. Dennis, you might want to call Henry Waszcuk and offer up a KK!

http://www.fishingtheflats.com/