steelerguy

New teak knobs...how to install?

So I got a set of new teak knobs, the one on the draft door came off after a couple years and high heat.  I ordered the knob set and went to replace the knob on the draft door...then realized, the screw it tack welded to the rotating portion of the door.  What is the best way to get this installed before I get a hammer out and start whacking away? :)

The very early knobs were held in place with a wood screw.. If you have one of these I will need to send you one of the new airflow dials that have a bolt out front because the new knob has a threaded sleeve inside.. It just spins right on..

Please call me if you need help..

That would be how my knob was held on, a wood screw into the knob.  Over time I think the heat of the screw eventually caused the wood to give way and the knob came off.  I noticed these knew knobs had threaded metal interiors and I am sure hold up much better.  I'd appreciate it if I could get a new airflow dial.

BTW, the BBQ Guru plug I got...awesome!  Fits so well and no way it is going to turn to a crisp after some high temp pizza sessions.  Can't wait to use the rib rack I purchased also, I love a high quality rack! :)