BigLazy23

Something different....

In Anguilla, BWI for a week on vacation with my wife (missing our dogs and my new Komodo but having a great time). GM at our villas recommended a great BBQ place right on a small, secluded beach. Of course I jumped at it, and at 10am we headed off. It is "low" season here and was dismayed to see that, after walking up and down the beach, the place was still closed. Stayed close by and visited a few other sites in our jeep and about two hours later begged my wife to go back.

Much to my happiness there were cars parked out front and the windows were open. Walked in and I ordered a grilled crayfish/ribs dish and my wife ordered spicy grilled chicken. Had a few rum punch while waiting for the food and then received our food. Can't sing enough praise - best meal we have had in the first three days here. Going to go back before we leave and beg some more for the recipe for the ribs. Not a lot of sophisticate gadgets here but goes to prove that if you know what you are doing you can make a meal great.

Wish I took more pics; hope I am in the right forum but if not Dennis please move this.

post-1797-0-76642200-1408491271_thumb.jp

post-1797-0-91520100-1408492305_thumb.jp

I'm right across the channel from you on St Maarten. Anyway I'm new to the forum as a member but like most I've been lurking for sometime. I just wired Dennis money last week and my grill is now at sea. The "rib shacks" on these islands do some amazing things, enjoy your stay.

Michael,

Hope you are having as good of a time as we are! Great food - unfortunately headed back home in two days (taking a ferry back to St. Maarten and then flying home from there). We expected great food on the island but the great rib shacks have been a welcome surprise. You will love the grill - can't wait to see you post pics of it.

John

Hi John,

Actually I'm not on St Maarten for vacation and unlike you I can't wait to get back to the US. Until recently I lived here for the last 8 years and have had enough. I own a couple rental properties here and I'm doing some maintence. Great place to vacation but living and doing business is tough.

Anyway I've been wanting one of these grills for years but didn't make sense having it down here. I'm so looking forward to its arrive and I sure will send pictures when it arrives.

Cheers,

Michael