Garvinque

Bear River Rocket Stoves

That looks like a nice utility stove!

I lived without electricity for 20 years, in the woods, so there was a supply of fuel as well as game if necessary.  I ended up using solar panels for 12VDC television and radio and chargers.  Worked great with no complaints from me.

This was all cast iron firebox and oven and top grill, doors and warming shelf and the rest was just porcelain enameled steel.  Great stove, and it too was NOT portable.

The green heater had 2 cooking grates on top and it too was all cast iron., as well as a fireplace.

fullsizeoutput_160.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_211.jpeg

• Like 2

I shot more gophers with that gun than anything else, but we did live in the middle of nowhere.  You could never be sure what was going to pop out of the bushes, some amusing and some not so amusing.  Main home, guest house and sauna.

Previous Home_2.jpg

Edited by FotonDrv
  • Like 2

That thought was always on my mind.  So, i made a 150,000 gallon reservoir (15ft deep) and alway had 30 minutes of air in a scuba tank sitting close to the pond in an outbuilding so i could jump in and let the fire crown. I also had a bulldozer and maintained 2 exit roads down the mountainside on 2 different slopes, a south slope and a north slope.  The only thing better would have been a helicopter :-)

From that location I could walk, ride motorcycle, etc. 80 miles north, 35 miles east and 6 miles south without hitting another paved road or public road, only logging roads and not many of those.  We had bear, deer, mountain lion, bobcat, martin, fox and all manner of small things and flying things.  Grouse quail and pigeon were all edible and when the pigeons had been stuffing themselves on blackberries they were pretty tasty.

Edited by FotonDrv
  • Like 2