Curly

A BBQ Contest

Re: A BBQ Contest

They're having 50 competitions, in 50 different places, and giving away 50 BigGreenEggs.

One of the competetions is in Union SC :shock:

http://www.the50eggclub.com/

But do you WANT a BGE? Sure, you could whup the competition, hands down, with your classy cooker. :smt038 But what would be the point, if your prize were an egg? I mean, better to give you a snow scraper, or something. :smt081

Re: A BBQ Contest

They're having 50 competitions, in 50 different places, and giving away 50 BigGreenEggs.

One of the competetions is in Union SC :shock:

http://www.the50eggclub.com/

But do you WANT a BGE? Sure, you could whup the competition, hands down, with your classy cooker. :smt038 But what would be the point, if your prize were an egg? I mean, better to give you a snow scraper, or something. :smt081

You kidding...them eggs are great...and very portable :D. They ain't purdy like some tiled ceramic cookers I'm thinking of, but they do the job quite nicely and aint nearly as cummbersome. My big ole KK, nor my K are ever leaving my back porch unless Chubby allows them to be stole...and he's very aware of what comes off them babies...so he's right protective of 'em :shock:

If I was to win one (and I'd have to do it on a gas grill, cause, like I said about the heavy things) I would ask for a small (maybe medium) so that I could take it on vacations. But I have no idear what they do in those competitions, nor do I want another hobby/pastime/obsession in my life. But I will be there meeting some great people (hopefully the famous Dizzy Pig team whose rub I use on about every cook) and to test out some great bbq. I can't wait. I looked at the list and 2 or 3 of the contests are 50 miles or so from me. Ummmmmummmmm :)

Well, it snowed here a week ago, so that's prolly it for this decade...maybe some ice here and there, but we've had it with the snow. So don't need another scaper for a long long time :?