Curly

Welcome JDBower

One looks like a cooler (esky?) the other two/three are for charcoal storage?

Well, I'm not sure what an Eskie is, but they are all storage of some sore or other. One I keep my lump in, and I think the closest thing to the camera is a log that's on end. Funny, I don't remember that being there, and don't know where it may have gone :oops:

We get our lump in big bags, I just leave it in there..

Esky=Cooler..just ozzie slang (sorry thought it was more generally used).

http://www.nylex.com.au/esky/index.htm

In bags, really, we get ours as individual pieces so we need to put them in something. Hmmm, where can I get some of those bags?

Just kidding, ours also come in bags! I used to be real anal about sorting the lump pieces by size so I had a large bin a medium bin and a small bin. The small bin also held the left over smalls from previous cooks. When I did low-n-slows I used up all of the smalls. I was so cool back then. It was all the rage, I'm telling you...I'll even bet Gerard was in the cool crowd of sorters, there may still be folks that do that. I had the Huck wok thing going too, I was so 'IN'. So I still have the bins.

But now I just dump a 10 lb bag into one of the bins and dip from the bin to fill my KK. I was using the "leave it in the bag" method but Chubby the Chewer would chew the bags up and get the lump everywhere. I'm now very laid back about my lump. I just dump it and forget it, no special way to build the fire. :roll:

And no, the bigger thing is not a cooler, it's just a big storage bin. It mostly houses my large container of torch gas, my torch, my gloves. Oh yeah, those brown leather gloves laying on top...well, you can't do that with Chubby. I now have one glove without a thumb :shock: And I'll tell you, God gave us opposable thumbs for a reason...and that wasn't to have them burned everytime you try to lift something hot without a covering on that opposable thumb :x

And no, the bigger thing is not a cooler, it's just a big storage bin. It mostly houses my large container of torch gas, my torch, my gloves. Oh yeah, those brown leather gloves laying on top...well, you can't do that with Chubby. I now have one glove without a thumb :shock: And I'll tell you, God gave us opposable thumbs for a reason...and that wasn't to have them burned everytime you try to lift something hot without a covering on that opposable thumb :x

Yep we have two of them chewing things on our deck...They especially like BBQ gloves (must be the charcoal taste and smokey flavour :wink: )

I was considering to be more precise with my coals when I got the KK but now I don't know I've always used the just "dump them on" and the results have been okay.