jcsv

What about smaller versions?

Boy, am I glad that I’ve stumbled upon this forum. Thanks to all for the info on the south-of-the-border (SOB) company. :wink: I've been reading this and the SOB forum all weekend long. I will definitely NOT be ordering from them!!!:shock:

Dennis, I’m impressed by the quality, both technical and aesthetic, of your K. Moreover, I like your promptness and candidness in answering the questions posted. Since this would be my first K-style cooker, I would prefer to buy from you.

However, the impediment to my ordering right now is the size. Is there a possibility, any time soon, for a model comparable to the #3 or #5 made by the SOB company?

I understand your desire for a smaller version from the standpoint of $$$. But other than that, I see no advantage to the 18" and smaller grills. Even if you are cooking for one, the limited grill space makes it difficult to cook a full meal including veggies, etc. Setting up different zones for direct and indirect cooking is also virtually impossible on a small grill. If transportation is a problem, read the posts on how to take the KK apart to move it in pieces.

If anything, I would like to see a larger KK, but 22 inches is enough and I couldn't afford anything larger anyway. :wink:

Doug

Smaller versions

Thank you for the kudos, I really appreciate them. I've been in Indonesia soo long and don't get much direct feedback from my customers.. It's really nice.

I will get around to making a smaller version of the OTB probably next winter. I'm in the process of making a better quality, better designed mold to increase the production of this OTB.

The down side of having my unique two layer design is that for each cooker I have to do four separate castings... But I do plan on doing a smaller version in the future.

First priority is now side tables...

Thank you for the input...