ThreeDJ16

Recipe Section Changes!!!

Ok, in an effort to make the recipe section easier to use (so you can actually find something), the following changes are being implemented. I am disabling the reply function in all the recipe sections except 'Cooking General' and 'Techniques'. This way, you do not have to search through all the other, non-recipe stuff. If you wish to discuss a recipe, post the discussion in the 'Cooking General' section with a link to the recipe. I will clean the existing recipe (as I can :wink: ). Please feel free to help and edit your own posts to fit the template or section - it would be appreciated greatly!

We also need a standard format to use for posting recipes for consistency - I will post a template at the top of each section, but any suggestions or comments welcome! Please remember, if it does not fit in the template (recipes only), then post it in the Cooking General or Techniques sections.

-=Jasen=-

OK, I decided to revert the not being able to reply function. I guess I just wanted to keep that area really clean, but as long as the first post is actually a recipe and keeps with the template - it will still be search-able and functional. So anyway, it is back to normal! Just please remember to keep the recipe sections for recipes (at least the first post on a thread) and any questions, request, infos or pics without a recipe to go into the cooking general, cooking technique or cooking pics sections (as applies).

-=Jasen=-

Good one Jason

I like the standard format idea, good call.

So many times while looking for a recipe, and I've done it myself, I find key components missing; like direct versus indirect, etc. Answers typically surface through replies (not always, and sometimes confuses things), but you don't always want to read through pages of jargon trying to figure out the right answer for the intended recipe. Then printing it; to obtain all the required parameters, you end up printing a book, again with a bunch of unnecessary jargon.

I agree, will be nice to have a single place for recipes with all the parameters needed, in a standard format, in one place/post; then if you want to read everyone's comments you can.