Sanny

Passages...

Re: Passages...

Oh sad. Kitty Carlisle Hart died...

Agreed. Very classy act. Her acting career predated me but I remember her with Arlene and Peggy and Orson and Bill and Joey and I can't remember the other regular panelists. I'm surprised you're old enough to have known To Tell the Truth... I figured you in your 30s from your photo on the other forum.

Kitty became very active in the arts in her later life... and wasn't she controversial at times... seem to remember reading her defending a Maplethorpe exhibit or something like that. Guess I need to go read Wikipedia.

...seem to remember reading her defending a Maplethorpe exhibit or something like that. Guess I need to go read Wikipedia.

Bah, faulty memory. Nothing in Wikipedia about Maplethorpe. But I remember an interview a few years ago on public radio in which she recounted some controversy from her days as a matron of the arts. Don't remember what it was but it wasn't in keeping with the image I had of her up until that time.

...seem to remember reading her defending a Maplethorpe exhibit or something like that. Guess I need to go read Wikipedia.

They played the clip on NPR last night during the obit. She reminded them of the opera, Rigoletto, and pointed out that it has murder, rape, incest, and any amount of debauchery, and no one seems to object. It's played all around the world, and is considered "art."

Oh, as for my age (and that's a relatively current pic), Gerard is my new best friend. :) lol