Tyrus

Dice and Slice

On 12/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, Cheesehead_Griller said:

How are you liking your Beswood? Do you have any regrets? 

I look at tools in my tool box like most as something useful that I can pull out when ever I need it, better to have it than wishing you did. That said, it is a bit to clean, slightly dangerous and awkward. Once in position it's a remarkable tool, your not going to do this with a knife in a consistent way, as fast or simply with ease and precision. I'm retired, so what the hell do I need a slicer for?  I bring this out when I'm doing a large cook, and it's always my intention to vac/freeze for myself and the wife or gift to others. That roast beef was pretty good, and it has helped on countless Jerky preps I've done. Cleaning is about 20 minutes, no need to rush and then I store it up high in the garage on a shelf. If I can handle it, I'm sure you could too/30lbs. Your capacity to do great things is only limited by your skill and imagination, you seem set in a way on moving forward, kinda like an itch your trying to cure. It's a good decision, just be careful and caution the kids around it. Using any powertool is like riding a motorcycle, you always have to be aware. Enough of that, find your way, fill the void and if you decide,.....I wish you the best.  If you do make a purchase, buy the gloves. Any regrets, I've had a few , but then again, too few to mention.

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1