Franck

European Owners - Import Duties and VAT

I am reaching out to any/all European Owners, 

I would like to know your experience on how much - percetange wise - you were charged to import your KK into the EU. The reason I am asking is because I may have to buy another and would like to have an idea how the import duties and VAT were calculated. 

The information in the link below is for Belgium, but I am not sure if it would be realistic to expect a 21% VAT for the KK and 0% import duties. 

https://finance.belgium.be/en/customs_excises/private-individuals/sending-and-receiving-parcels/additional-costs-related-parcel-i#q3

I would very much appreciate if anybody within the EU may tell me what their experience was so I can base my calculation on something.

Thank you in advance! 

Good morning Franck,

so, to import the 32" BB I had to pay 19% of import sales taxes and an additional 2% of import duties / tariffs (the declaration says: "Zölle ohne EGKS-Zölle, Ausgleichs-, Antidumping- und Zusatzzölle, Zölle auf Agrarwaren").
Next to this there have been some services fees for the Hamburg Port and the haulage company to take care about everything (delivery to my house and also declaration and collection of tariffs and taxes). These summed up to another 15%.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Edited by skoell

On 2/10/2024 at 7:11 AM, skoell said:

Good morning Franck,

so, to import the 32" BB I had to pay 19% of import sales taxes and an additional 2% of import duties / tariffs (the declaration says: "Zölle ohne EGKS-Zölle, Ausgleichs-, Antidumping- und Zusatzzölle, Zölle auf Agrarwaren").
Next to this there have been some services fees for the Hamburg Port and the haulage company to take care about everything (delivery to my house and also declaration and collection of tariffs and taxes). These summed up to another 15%.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thank you Skoell, that's certainly good information, and I must say that it is a bit of a surprise that there are additional fees 😮.

On 2/10/2024 at 7:09 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

Heylo Franck,
We shipped to Belgium last year, I can get the agent's details for you. They work with my forwarder, so no funny business.

Dennis, that would certainly help! I am on my final stretch to try to claim for the damages. Of note, it looks like there's a crack at 7 o'clock KomodoKamadoInnerCrack(view1).jpg.d0edbe78b5f256fe4ccef855bf854b45.jpgKomodoKamadoInnerCrack(view2).jpg.3aa41596eed8e1ef284e3ea55ef7db39.jpg

Edited by Franck
Added photos