ThreeDJ16

Mmmm - beer! (moved from 3/8' Monster Sear Grill)

P.S. DrunkJ.... wish I could share some of this beer with you... Carolina Brewing Company's Spring Bock... a low-hops lager-- it's so mellow and smooth' date=' and 6.9% alc. CBC is literally 2 miles from our house. They give free brewery tours every saturday that include open taps, no limit. They're a local company whose beers are the closest to homebrew I've had. Gotta love it. :P[/quote']

Majestik,

I am a hop head when it comes to beer; mo' bitter, mo' better! I just picked me up some Stoudt's Double IPA (http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/1-bottle-conditioned.asp#2) tonight. At 10 % abv, I'll feel no pain. But you cannot beat having a brewery close by - sigh - I wish I was so lucky.

Damnit, I did not mean to highjack this thread, but when someone mentions beer - I just cannot help myself!

Beer, it's whats for dinner! Beer, not just for breakfast anymore! Life's to short to drink bad beer! Beer is the bread you drink! Ok, ok, I will stop.

Nite All,

-=Jasen=-

well, since we are going this di-rection;

there aren't too many decent beers that i can't find something about them i like. with food, they gotta be paired right. for just plain drinking enjoyment, my all-time fave is Tucher hefeweissen with a slice of lemon snuck in. creamy, rich; pure like milk. back in my college days, i'd get knee-walkin on some of those bad boys, wake up the next day, and just feel like superman! i THINK it was all the b12 in the brewers yeast.

for BBQ, i like dry and hoppy. cuts thru the sweet and sticky. here's where i'll take heat; with bbq sauce, i like ICE cold Bud! back when i worked at longhorn, a frosty schooner full of Bud from the tap (or two) really hit the spot with a slab of ribs. a little salt from the shaker, and that Bud was heaven, specially after slicing brisket and cleaning brisket points all night!

i like all them fancy beers for sure, but, given my druthers, i'll take that ice cold bud with bbq every time!

Thirsty over here...

Oh, don't get me wrong DrunkJ... I'm a hops fan myself. Their Barley Wine (12.9%) would knock your socks off. The IPA - man oh man crisp and clean and frosty bitter. And this summer they're doing a "royal IPA" in celebration of their anniversary. Not really sure what the "royal" means, but I can't wait.

Having a microbrewery near is sweet indeed. And dangerous.

:twisted:

And now I'm craving Bud and Brisket. Thanks, Porkchop.