1 gallon apple cider

1 cup lemon juice

2 cups pineapple juice (unsweetened)

½ cup honey

2 oranges sliced

10 cinnamon sticks

20 whole cloves

1 tablespoon allspice

1 pint 190 proof pure grain alcohol (Everclear)

Put all ingredients in a covered crock pot, cook on high for 1 hour then reduce to low for 4 hours. Serve warm.

Enjoy the smell while cooking. This is a traditional Christmas drink in Lithuania

That sounds like it would be good. I may give it a try - I love apple cider.

How well do the other ingredients mask the alcohol of the everclear? I may make it for Thanksgiving, but I am not sure my wife or mom would drink it if it tasted like anything I remember being made with everclear!

Have you tried it with vodka? Its Lithuanian, did you adapt for the everclear :D

That part of the world uses a LOT of 190 proof ethanol for beverages. It is not called everclear there, but often is called "Polish Spirit"

The amount called for, a pint in a gallon will result in a strength of about 10%. You shouldn't be able to taste it at all.

When I was in Austria just before Christmas a few years ago, I was introduced to a hot spiced red wine that they served in coffee cups at the outdoor Christmas markets. In a coffee urn or large stockpot they would put several gallons of red wine, then cut a lot of orange slices into it, a handful of cinnamon sticks, a smaller handful of cloves, and some sugar - not enough to make it sweet, but enough to round it out. Served just below boiling on a very cold snowy night, it was delish!

That part of the world uses a LOT of 190 proof ethanol for beverages. It is not called everclear there, but often is called "Polish Spirit"

Amphoran, you are an accomplished barkeep indeed! I am VERY impressed! Polish Spirit is EXACTLY what they would make it of across the pond.

Of course its just ethanol, no matter what you call it, but you are right on!

Would be honored to share a splash of something good with you one day! :pint::pint::wav: