paul1927

First Time Boston Butt . . .

What is the difference? With the fried chicken the restaurant cooked it and then froze it and then the next day heated it. I got the reheated fried chicken and I didn't know it until afterward. My favorite food tasted poor to the point I just didn't want it. Other people in the family loved it, which was wonderful. I didn't know what was done until after I had already decided it was better to go hungry.

My sister had always believed it was just a mental block with me until I didn't want the fried chicken. I might have even told her she didn't need to bring it home anymore and then she confessed. As it was no more free fried chicken because they had their new magic. Cook and then just reheat as needed.

Some restaurants now use precooked meat from a factory. I would consider that leftovers generally. Yes, it probably is safe. Reminds me of tv dinners--very poor. Anyway, unless you get sick from food easily it is very difficult to understand.

My mom had the right idea when I was young. Just let me not eat. Sometimes 3 or 4 days would go by. I didn't care if it was 2 weeks. Being hungry is much better than getting sick. Anyway, I haven't spoken to her in over 20 years and she has lost her mind, according to my oldest sister, so that relationship ended the best way possible. Believe me I can afford to lose some weight! Go without food for days or weeks wouldn't be a problem. :)

NUMBER THREE IS ON THE Q . . .

NUMBER THREE IS ON THE Q. :) After over eight hours of cooking at around 220 degress it is always amazing to see how much charcoal is left. Before the Q, I rarely grilled because it was so wasteful. Now, it seems to be cheaper than propane . . . however that doesn't seem possible because propane is supposed to be super efficient.

I tried to bake a potato with the Boston Butt and although it tasted very good it was moist and brown inside---like it was saying Hello over 8 hours is too much for a potato! :oops: Today I will try without the aluminium foil. That might make the potato less moist, which for me is better especially for the Idahos. Other people like the Yucca consistency better. :)

From the Mouth of Babes . . .

The child next door was on his way to church this morning and he wanted to learn more about the BBQ I brought over. Once I told him it was a Boston Butt he became upset. :roll: He didn't want to be eating NO Butt. :shock: I explained that I thought it was from the shoulder of the hog. That seemed to satisfy him. :o

His assessment is that it was undercooked. :cry: So, I said you don't want any in the future? He says oh, no it was delicious just it needed more cooking. His family does the meat very cooked. Anyway, I suggested he just put it in the oven for further cooking.

I'm cutting the Boston Butt in half and giving them the half with the bone. Maybe that part is under cooked? I am able to slice it, which I like. 8) However, maybe that is an indication it needs further cooking . . .

What is the difference? With the fried chicken the restaurant cooked it and then froze it and then the next day heated it. I got the reheated fried chicken and I didn't know it until afterward.

No, no, no, the fried chicken people always put clorox on it before they freeze it, and they think that will keep it moist. What, you didn't know they did that :shock:

...My sister had always believed it was just a mental block with me until I didn't want the fried chicken.

Dude, it's also one of my favorites...that and peanut butter would easily do me for every meal. Your sister may be right, I think you are a bit mental, but then my cousin is too and he got a great job at jiffy lube.

... Reminds me of tv dinners--very poor.

Dude, now I know you are mental...you really don't like TV dinners...not even the meatloaf and gravy ones...WOW :eek:

Anyway' date=' unless you get sick from food easily it is very difficult to understand. [/quote']

Yeah, I'm really not getting the food aversion thing...not at all, but I enjoy hearing about your family.

My mom had the right idea when I was young. Just let me not eat.

My dad tried to beat me to death on several occasions but they never did that starvation thing. In fact there was food on the stove or kitchen table 24 hours a day, we'd just walk by and pick up a piece of ham or chicken whatever time in the morning we stumbled in. We had to be careful cause them was the hours my dad would be the angriest when awoken :(

Anyway' date=' I haven't spoken to her in over 20 years and she has lost her mind, according to my oldest sister, so that relationship ended the best way possible.[/quote']

You take after yer mom a lot dude ;)

Believe me I can afford to lose some weight! Go without food for days or weeks wouldn't be a problem. :)

Yeah, well I've never been fond of missing meals 8)

Yes, my father always said that I took after my mom. :oops: At least he loved food cooked on the Q. :)

And, he wanted left overs or precooked--there is a difference between the two?--from the Q. That worked out perfect. Cook once and then you have meals for him whenever he wants with no trouble.

You eat TV dinners? Different strokes for different folks! ;)

paul1927 wrote:

Believe me I can afford to lose some weight! Go without food for days or weeks wouldn't be a problem.

For three days you have been cooking butts one at a time and giving the leftovers to the kid next door. Maybe your therapist might need to sample the butt before making an analysis of this behavior. Curly sounds like a pretty good therapist