ChefJeff

Sanny the bread Goddess

Greetings all,

Just wanted to say thank you to Sanny. Your post on olive bread was the nudge I needed to get me to try something I’ve wanted to experiment with, for the longest time. I have been having a blast making the Jim Lahey bread this last year. I’d always wondered what an “olive†version would be like, but I never followed through. I tweaked the standard Lahey bread by using a bit of olivada (black olive tappenade), and as Sanny suggested, some chopped Kalamata olives, and replacing some of the water with with the olive brine. WOW this bread was ummmazing. Chewy, rustic, and loaded with flavor. Sorry if the pic of the bread is a little less than sharp, but the crust was really beautiful and studded with lots of little air bubbles that made each bite crunch.

Big Sherman Oaks, California thank you,

Jeff

aV1O92_A.jpg

Re: Sanny the bread Goddess

Greetings all,

Just wanted to say thank you to Sanny.

A man of exquisite taste, it's obvious. :smt061

Yup, the tapenade and brine in there is good stuff!

For those of you making the NYTimes no knead bread, there's a tweak of it in Cook's Illustrated this issue. The Test Kitchen changed it a bit, and they say made it better. Hard to imagine, but there you go.

Goddess Sanny... I like it! :wink: