Zorro

Grout Sealing Suggestion

Everyone is supposedn to seal their KK every so often. I just sealed mine after two seasons and hated the idea of using a paint brush to go over the many joints. Instead, I bought a $2.49 spray bottle and sprayed the sealer over the entire bar-b-q. It went really fast. BUT, I hated the way the once shiney tiles looked with a smudgy film all over. The solution to that--I used a new dry Scotch guard spunge like it was sand paper and it cleaned off the film leaving the grout joints sealed and the tiles like new. I don't know if this would damage the tiles but from the way it looks, I don't think so. If there is a better way to seal the joints in a reasonable amout of time without harming the tile surface, I would love to hear from you!

Zorro :roll::?

Re: Grout Sealing Suggestion

Everyone is supposedn to seal their KK every so often. I just sealed mine after two seasons and hated the idea of using a paint brush to go over the many joints. Instead' date=' I bought a $2.49 spray bottle and sprayed the sealer over the entire bar-b-q. It went really fast. BUT, I hated the way the once shiney tiles looked with a smudgy film all over. The solution to that--I used a [u']new dry Scotch guard spunge like it was sand paper and it cleaned off the film leaving the grout joints sealed and the tiles like new. I don't know if this would damage the tiles but from the way it looks, I don't think so. If there is a better way to seal the joints in a reasonable amout of time without harming the tile surface, I would love to hear from you!

Zorro :roll::?

Apply the sealer then wipe off the excess grout sealer with a damp sponge before it dries and you should not have that haze problem.

-=Jasen=-

You can also get an aerosol sealer at the home improvement store. It used to available at Home Depot under the name "stand and seal". You just spray it on. Worked like a champ on my moms tile floors.

I saw in expose in the newspaper some time ago that the product was killing people from breathing too much of it in after indoor use, and HD and the manufacturer were ignoring the issue, slow to recall, etc. Not sure if you can still get it, or what the new name for it is.

I think your plan probably worked just as well, and probably applied a deeper concentration of sealant, too. I am not sure I would want to try it on the matte finish tiles, though. It may be harder to remove than from the shiny ones.

:P:P So, are you going to wax your Lambo with the turtle wax you apply with the hose-end sprayer :P:P