PaulR

Guru and Stoker

I discovered that not having the tube siliconed in is a good thing as I've started using a Stoker (as a new toy besides my guru) and I needed to remove the inducer tube and replace it with the Stoker blower
So lets hear your opinion of the two. Which do you like better and why??

Well after just two cooks with the Stoker and numerous ones with my Guru I reckon the Guru is more user-friendly to operate.

There were a number of things that can go "bump in the night" with the Stoker whilst the guru really is plug it in set the temps and off it goes.

Now I'm not saying that this is the whole picture.... not by a long shot.

I LOVE(!!) the fact that I can have my Stoker connected to my wireless router which in turn is connected to my laptop which I have inside the house. I can monitor and adjust my temps whilst not getting up (yes sir technology is a beautiful thing).

I also like the fact that I have a full overview of how my cook went which makes it easier to really start analysing/timing cooks (yup I'm an IT guys so like my numbers). The graph function is pretty good.

Now I haven't tried the "email" function yet, but if I'm doing a couple of hours of q-ing I can go to the mall and the Stoker will spam me (oops keep me updated) with emails (including graphs) of how the cook is progressing.

Again I haven't used it that much yet and my teething issues I reckon were just newbie issues.

Oh yeah the Stoker seems to vary in temp a tad more than the guru (I'm talking about a massive 2-3 degrees before the blower kicks in ;) ). On the other hand the graph of my Stoker maybe a bit more sensitive than the display on my competitor...

Anyway that's my .02 dollars worth...

If it can send you an email; it can probably call your cell phone. You know, for example like servers do based on router alarm codes.

It's way cool (especially for a gadget freak) 8)

I intend to have emails send to my work address so I can use my blackberry.