DennisLinkletter

Gen 2.18 to 2.2 Firebox & Charcoal basket upgrade

I just wanted to make clear that the Gen 2.18 is basically a Gen 2.2 less the new lower firebox and charcoal basket. Not that there was anything wrong with the older one, I just wanted more clearance and while I was there tinkering, I decided to up the volume also. For low and slow cooks the 2.18 can go 25 hours or more.. The new larger 2.2 can probably go something like 35 hours (not necessary) but could come in handy if you were grilling all day..

So if your looking to purchase a new grill don't overlook the 2.18's as a lessor grill to the 2.2.. They are my most current builds and are easily upgradable.

Crated 2.2 firebox and charcoal basket only $120 + UPS ground.

As always I attempt to make my new designs work in my earlier cookers and then offer the upgrades at a very reasonable price.

This is the Gen 2.18 firebox and charcoal basket - the only two piece firebox in the business and I've never had even one break (from cooking/heat)

Upgrade05.jpg

This is a Gen 2.18 updated to 2.2 with the new firebox and charcoal basket

Upgrade14.jpg

The Gen 2.2 firebox is a bit lower with a 6" clearance from floor

Upgrade08.jpg

The Gen 2.18 firebox is a bit higher with a 7" clearance from floor (can hold more ash)

Upgrade06.jpg

The height was adjusted with both the lower firebox and the 1" lower heat deflector holders

Upgrade1-.jpg

Gen 2.18 with the large heat deflector and drip pan there was 4.5" between the pan and main grill

Upgrade%3Dno-07.jpg

With the 2.2 firebox and basket upgrade there is now 6.5" between the pan and main grill

Upgrade-no.jpg

With the 2.2 upgrade there is now 7.5" between heat deflector holders and main grill

Upgrade11.jpg