Homebrew

Covering up

Just curious how long people wait to put their Johnnyboy Jammie on after they cook? The KK is pretty cool to the touch everywhere except down by the firebox at all times. I've been waiting an hour or two then getting my baby under cover for the evening even though its still hot by the firebox. Figure this is fine considering how the Jammie fits; just wondering if I should be waiting till the next morning?

Thanks...

I'm going to defer to John to tell us what temperature the material (Sunbrella) can handle before damage occurs. For me, I wait until I can touch all surfaces, including the draft door and rear door, before putting on the cover. It may be "hot" to the touch but not so much that it would burn or singe the material.

I'd say your methods are fine. I've been doing mine that way for years.

There is a temperature rating, Sunbrella provided it to me years ago, I just don't remember it. Seemed it was explained more like a melting point. I'd say if you can't put your hand on the surface because it's too hot, then it's too hot to cover.