Tucker

Ribs & Pulled pork - Stoney's first cook

We made ribs and pulled pork this weekend.

Had to break in the new Stone-tiled KK we received Friday.

Use the DigiQ II for the pork butt (8#). Followed Chris Lily's pulled pork recipe for the injection and rub. My wife and I agree that this is the best we've done so far.

The ribs were done with a Memphis style rub we bought at Williams and Sonoma (I ordered Dizzy Dust too late), and with Chris Lily's Rib rub recipe I found on the web.

Pork butt Sunday am after being on for 11hrs at 220f. I had rolled the KK under the porch roof (rain was forcast).

We followed Chris's instructions, left the pork on until it hit 195f internal temp.

aV1ii1NA.jpg

Rolled the stone one back out to it's rightful spot. Marvin is coming to temp to get the ribs going.

Pq1hkJMA.jpg

Is this a miniature Komodo Dragon?

:wink: It was hanging around the back of the KK, warmth probably felt good.

aV1iiAIA.jpg

Here are the ribs ready to come off. 6hrs @ 220f.

aV1ij3Ei.jpg

A green DigiQ? Hmmmm... me thinks you showed a little preferential treatment to Marvin! :lol:

Everything looks great and nice cooks! How were the ribs? I have been pulling mine off closer to 195f. We also tend to cook the rack of spares as opposed to the baby backs. I enjoy both but when feeding the fam, the rack of spares goes further for less! :D