JeffB

A Petition For The Naked Whiz

I am a former gasser who decided he had had enough and started down the road of researching charcoal options. I originally was just going to go with a Weber Performer (kettle-style) and then remembered hearing about ceramic cookers. So I started walking down that path looking at the Big Green Egg and then moving over to a Grill Dome. Finally I stumbled upon the Naked Whiz's site and his review of the KK. Once I saw how the KK addressed all those little nagging issues of the other guys and the fantastic build quality I was sold. So, I was a little surprised the other day when I checked out the review again and I barely recognized the cooker he was reviewing. Dennis has made so many improvements since the Whiz's model was built that the review no longer does the KK justice. The updated metal work, the interlocking lid, the new firebox/charcoal basket, the tile with elastomeric grout... the list goes on and on.

It would be nice if one of Dennis's latest creations could make its way to NC (maybe that blue beauty that Chris Lily just cooked on for the Today show) so TNW could update his review and highlight all the improvements made since the last review. Have the "other" guys actually made any changes since then? Heck, maybe TNW could even consider it sponsorship so he can stop all the begging in his next Whizcast ;-)

And I know what you are thinking, but I don't know TNW and he did not put me up to posting this :-)