Fetzervalve

Finney is my new God!

the Finney method is especially good if you are cooking for a lot of people with a lot of dishes flying around....the steaks cannot get away from you..(unless you are bombed!) I find it really a lot easier to customer serve peoples various temp preferences

You have full service, I don't take custom orders, you can have it any way you like, as long as it's medium rare! :)

This idea has also been around for a while as a sous-vide technique. See for example A Practical Guide to Sous Vide Cooking:

Since sous vide is essentially a very controlled and precise poach, most food cooked sous vide has the appearance of being poached. So foods like fish, shellfish, eggs, and skinless poultry can be served as is. However, steaks and pork chops are not traditionally poached and usually require searing or saucing. Searing the meat is particularly popular because the Maillard reaction (the browning) adds considerable flavor.

In science we're used to independent discovery; when an idea is ripe it starts coming up everywhere. Even Einstein was only a decade ahead of the pack with relativity, and that's an unheard-of lead.

Independent discovery reminds some folks of the best ever criticism of Henry Miller:

He has sex in the afternoon, and he thinks he invented it!

The rest of us are just thrilled to see many apostles out there. Whenever clear common sense flies in the face of habit, it takes many apostles for change to take effect. In other words, thinking of it ain't the prize, getting people to do it, that's what's hard. So yes, hurray for the Finney Method!