Andrew

Advice on "stand" for KK

Hello all, I ordered a 23" cooker a week ago. It should be on the 4/30 container.

I am putting it on our patio. The patio is concrete brick, and no longer as level as I would like. Also, when we get very heavy rains (as we did this spring) there is a bit of a creek on the patio for a couple of days. Less than an inch deep.

I was thinking of getting a 36"x36"x1" piece of stone to use as a stand. Would this present any problem for the cooker? Do the wheels lock?

I would either bed the stone with fine sand, or perhaps some concrete. Again, advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance. Reading these forums played a large part in my decision to get such a high end cooker.

-- Andrew

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

I would imagine your plan would be fine. The wheels don't lock, but there is a lot of inertia to get it moving. If you're worried, an option is to surround the stone with a border that's slightly higher or to use an angle grinder to mill out some divots for the wheels.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

I would imagine your plan would be fine. The wheels don't lock, but there is a lot of inertia to get it moving. If you're worried, an option is to surround the stone with a border that's slightly higher or to use an angle grinder to mill out some divots for the wheels.

I had thought of a border, with a gap to drain any rain.

(As you know, it has been rather wet in eastern MA lately!)

-- Andrew

Re: level and stable

You might want a thicker stone than 1". Get it dead level on a good stable bed of sand at least 8" deep.

Level is part of the idea, but 8" of sand sounds like too much. I fear the rains would wash out such a deep layer. I was think just enough to level

the irregularities on the patio, and possibly a bead of caulk to keep the

"creek" away from the sand.

-- Andrew