T Rex

Brontosaurus ribs......

Well, Mrs. T Rex suggested that she might like some Brontosaurus ribs for dinner....... (Hell yeah, as long as I don't have to kill it)....... :D:D

Sooooooo, I thought we could start here and hope I make it to the finish line............... (Single malt....... two finger drink, index and little finger in a square crystal glass, neat, room temperature, no ice) So, I went to the market and while I was somewhat disappointed in the way the ribs were trimmed, I wasn't about to disappoint Mrs. T Rex.

This was the starting point

Brontosaurus ribs......

Everything is now in Dennis' hands........... :D:D

20100503_1155.jpg

More to follow..........

T Rex

Well, this is my first post on this Forum............ and timely if I may say so myself.

T Rex is well on the way to a 'run away" and the ribs are still on the KK. According to T, Dennis is responsible for the outcome of dinner so I guess I will just sit back (with a glass of Amorone and see where things go from here)

Mrs. T Rex

Hey, considering the last response, things have gone fairly well....

Here is a pic just before the Brontosaurus ribs came off the KK

20100503_1159.jpg

Another picture of the ribs just before carving

20100503_1160.jpg

After much carving.... :D:D

20100503_1164.jpg

And believe it or not, leftovers for T Rex tomorrow.......

20100503_1167.jpg

Best ribs we have ever had, MERCI DENNIS.......

T Rex

Re: Cooking tips Please

Great looking Beef ribs. Can you please providing cooking temps' date=' times and recipe. My last beef ribs came out like beef jerkey. Thanks.[/quote']

Hey Slicer, pretty simple all in all....... :) I coated the ribs with the same rub I use on pork ribs, warmed the KK to around 250F and put them in for around 4 hours. Glazed them with a home made BBQ sauce and left them in for another 30 minutes......... For smoke I used some Mesquite chunks mixed in with the lump. Hope this helps...... they were very tender and moist. :D:D

T Rex