Mrs. T Rex

Pizza dough recipe

MTRex,

Have done hundreds of home pizzas and just received my KK so looking to to a pizza Kook. Secret, as you will see in Italy, is to get that temp cranked up between 500 and 700 degrees. Pizza should kook w/in 5-7 minutes - almost like mazza.

Fool proof recipe for 3 pizzas, or maybe bake bread out of the third which is what we do.

3/4 cups water

5cups of flower

1 yeast packet commercial or 1 tsp of green market type buy as you go type yeast.

Sea salt, preferably celtic grey salt.

Olive oil.

Proof the yeast by boiling the water to about 110 - baby's bathwater temp just warm - put yeast in, let it get to sizzle. You can add the salt and olive oil during this stage. After about ten minutes, blend in the flour. I do it w/ a blender but you can do by hand or other machines. Place dough in an olive olive oil coated bowl and let rise, preferably overnight, pound down twice on day two, the lst time dividing into three rounded pizza doughs which you will finally flatten out and spread out by hand. You can shorten the procedure by doing a few rises in day 1. Dough will always have better flavor/texture with multiple slow rises.

You can't miss on this procedure.

Have fun and le me know how you KooKed pizza on the KK.

j