smokeylips

Last weekend cook First Brisket

Here are some pics of my new KK and my teak cabinet, which I LOVE! The weather here has been terrible so I am being a trooper in the rain to play with my new toys. I cooked a brisket and started way to late. I pulled it off at 10 pm at 160, my family was getting cranky. :oops: I can't believe a 4 pound piece of meat could take so long. The flavor was good but I am sure it would have been a lot more tender.

kyYoi.jpg

ChmFJ.jpg

Chp9S.jpg

This is how you have to BBQ in Oregon

qSXQ0.jpg

Thanks for the tip Larry. I will keep it in mind next time.

I got the cabinet through Sam's Club but I think I got the last one. It has the bar area that holds wine bottles and glasses, both sides flip up so it gives you a lot of space. The lower cabinet has two shelves and last but not least the top back half opens up and it's a cooler, drain and all! :P

rainproofing

And here is a re-post of a little trick for the rain:

Stoker Raingear

Photos should be self explanatory. Unfortunately the Stoker isn't rainproof, but here is the 84 cent Wal-Mart solution. And I'm using it tonight because thank God in heaven it's raining in Kerrville!!!! We are in the the worst drought in 50 years. We've had about 6 inches of rain in the past 2 years.

http://gallery.me.com/mpguerra#100119

Michael Guerra,M.D.

Kerrville, Texas