T Rex

First Meatloaf on the KK

Well, after seeing FM's meatloaf the other day, I knew that I would have to try one as well. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at it: ground round, sausage meat, butter, salt/pepper, celery, stuffed green olives, shrimp sauce, 1 egg and panko crumbs......... the sauce was shrimp sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.

Got the KK to around 300 direct and cooked for 2.5 hours. I am not unhappy with the results but will shorten the cooking time the next time around. Mrs. T Rex loved it served with fresh baby potato salad and peaces & cream corn........... :D

Meatloaf on the KK

20100616_1453.jpg

Shortly before taking it off of the KK

20100616_1455.jpg

I let it rest for around 15 minutes

20100616_1456.jpg

Plate shot

20100616_1459.jpg

The only thing I would do different is a shorter cook time... ;)

T Rex

Hey guys, still a learning experience for me........... I hate to follow up on an FM post, nothing that I will ever cook will be able to duplicate what FM does...... :( but I will not stop trying.......) :D:D

Until FM invites me over for a feed................ :D:D

T Rex

Whatever...I just make it up as I go along. The KK makes it easy, and even if I do wind up with something less than savory, I get more enjoyment out of making it than eating it.

Nothing beats sitting on the patio, smelling the cooker do its thing, while sipping an adult beverage or three. :drinkers:

You know the rules...you come to Orlando and I'll fire up the KK if I'm home. Bring that green plate along too, we'll use it :P

images7473847.jpg

Whatever...I just make it up as I go along. The KK makes it easy, and even if I do wind up with something less than savory, I get more enjoyment out of making it than eating it.

Nothing beats sitting on the patio, smelling the cooker do its thing, while sipping an adult beverage or three. :drinkers:

You know the rules...you come to Orlando and I'll fire up the KK if I'm home. Bring that green plate along too, we'll use it :P

images7473847.jpg

Hey FM, you are too kind.... come to Vancouver Island and enjoy some fresh seafood that I will help you catch......... :D I will let you command the KK during your stay........ :D:D:D

T Rex