T Rex

Prime Rib and Yorkshire

Well, I did my first attempt at a Prime Rib on the KK. The roast was around 5 lbs. and I let it come to room temperature before putting it in. I rubbed it well with a standard rub, smeared it in grainey mustard and poured the garlic to her as well as a lot of fresh cracked black pepper.

I did get a little bit over zealous with the lump and as a consequence, my temperature ended up being some thing like 270F. Once I hit 128F I took the roast off and cranked the KK up to 500F/550F and put the roast back in for 10 minutes to darken the outside. Mrs. T made a Yorkshire and we cooked in on the KK as well.

Here are some pics.

Naked Prime Rib

20100704_1512.jpg

Seasoned and in the KK

20100705_1514.jpg

Done

20100705_1518.jpg

Mrs. T's Yorkshire ready for the KK

20100705_1519.jpg

The finished product. Can't figure out where all the little "bun like" things came from.........

20100705_1520.jpg

The Prime Rib

20100705_1522.jpg

I would of preferred it slightly more rare however, we still enjoyed it! A very nice way to do a roast.

T Rex

Hey - The Return of the Green Plate!! :lol:

Good lookin' cook!

I just can't get anything past you guys......... ;) As FM noted, only used for raw product now.......... and Mrs. T has backed off a bit! :D:D

T Rex

ps I can't figure out why the Yorkshire turned out the way it did. It sure was tasty but funny looking. The first Yorkshire pic is what went into the KK and second picture is the finished product....... go figure.

Hey T Rex this looks GREAT !!!!!! How long did it take? I'm thinking about a prim rib roast and have no idea how much time to allow...

Tony

I was aiming for 235F but ended up with 270F if memory serves me right..... :) I put it in at 12.30 and took it out at 4:30 .....I like my Prime rib at 128F on the table and because of the attempt to darken the outside, I over cooked it a little bit, for my tastes.......... :(:(

T Rex