Paswesley

Larger Pizza Stone?

I have the pizza stone that Dennis makes, and I look forward to using it. It will handle pizzas up to 15" in size. My wife asked me a question that I can't answer, so I turn to you. We often go to Costco and Sams. Their pizzas are 18". Does anyone know whether an 18" or 19" pizza stone can be used in the KK? I have measured, and they would fit. Does anyone know of any reason why pizza stones of this size could do harm to the Kooker? If they are safe for the Kooker, would Dennis consider making an XL refractory pizza stone? I'd buy it. Thanks, Paswesley

Re: Larger Pizza Stone?

I have the pizza stone that Dennis makes' date=' and I look forward to using it. It will handle pizzas up to 15" in size. My wife asked me a question that I can't answer, so I turn to you. We often go to Costco and Sams. Their pizzas are 18". Does anyone know whether an 18" or 19" pizza stone can be used in the KK? I have measured, and they would fit. Does anyone know of any reason why pizza stones of this size could do harm to the Kooker? If they are safe for the Kooker, would Dennis consider making an XL refractory pizza stone? I'd buy it. Thanks, Paswesley[/quote']

Recently I've been searching for an almost 17" stainless tray that is the correct depth.. When found I'll make a larger one that still fits between the two handles of the upper grill. While a larger one would work on the main grill, I think baking up closer to the ceiling is better for browning and melting.

;);)