LarryR

Decisions decisions

EDIT: I have no idea how I posted this in the Cooking General section, sorry.

It's my Bachelor weekend as SO has taken her monthly trip to care for her mother and for the first time I'm having a tough time deciding on what to cook for myself tonight. On one hand a nice thick rib eye med-rare with a good bottle of Zin sounds divine, yet it's such a short cook. On the other hand a couple racks of baby backs would be a nice short smoke on Hestia that would give me plenty of time to enjoy some adult beverages and admire her as she works, decisions decisions. Or I could always go with Fish Sticks right doc?

Fish sticks' date=' sausage and habanero. That's a batchelor fest.[/quote']

Hey Doc, and what would you call this.................

Freshly BBQ'd at the Super Market................. (Fish Sticks???????)

20100814_1722.jpg

I know that I am going to regret this but I just couldn't walk past the isle of neatly stacked "Professionally BBQ'd Chicken"................ :D:D

T Rex

Booze made my decision

So let booze make my decision for me. I'm in the mood for Tanq. and Tonics and Cab. vs. Beer so I went with a 20 oz boneless rib eye and some jumbo scallops. I'm going to do a baker on Hestia so I've got a little extra time to admire her (and drink) before I cook my steak and scallops.

I'm sure it will. Decided I wanted to eat dinner late since the SO won't be here bitching asking when dinners going to be ready so I whipped a a seafood dynamite and threw it in the toaster oven thing as an appetizer, god it smells good. Second gin and tonic going down smooth, got coals for Hestia going and will be salting my steak soon. Perfect guys evening . . . well almost perfect, where are the dancing broads?

Clothes will remain on :(

Damn that was good:

th_HestiaSteakCook002-1.jpg

Nice job Larr............ Well, I still can't believe it, someone posts a picture of a Super Market BBQ'd chicken (done with electricity to boot) still in the plastic container it came in on this site and NADA, not one comment............. hmmmmmm somewhat similiar to the Docs Fish Chunks............................. ;)

Perhaps I need to parr it with something..............

T Rex

What a great meal/evening, took my time (no one home to rush me), enjoyed my beverages, turned up Sirius Classic Vinyl, spent quality time with Hestia and cooked a great meal.

Let Hestia warm-up over the span of 2 - 3 hours and cooked my baker, after I let my seafood dynamite settle and enjoyed a few beverages I grilled my 5 jumbo scallops (forgot to get pictures), let those digest with the help of more adult beverages. Then cranked Hestia up to around 600/650 threw my steak on for 3 min. each side removed to a plate and let her rest for 5 minutes while I prepared my 1 lb baked potato, poured myself a LARGE glass of Cab., threw some Worcestershire butter on my steak and cut into her, perfect med-rare with a great char on the outside. Outstanding! Steak was on the high end of choice so it had some decent marbling and I salted it for 50 min. If you're not salting your less than prime grade steaks you're really missing out.

FIRE!

th_HestiaSteakCook002.jpg

th_HestiaSteakCook1.jpg

LOVE my Worcestershire butter!

th_HestiaSteakCook2.jpg

PS - I think the silence is speaking volumes about the Super Market BBQ'd chicken, lol. In honor of your "cook" I think I'll spatchcock two roasters today. One Simon and Garfunkel and one BBQ.