jacksyee

Pork Collar

I did a google on "Pork Collar" and found some interesting recipes, mostly pulled pork. Over all seems like a butt except a little juicer.

Be sure to post pic's and results.

I have never heard of this cut. Sure looks interesting. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm going to try this cook Saturday.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/2008/09/hawke ... -char.html

i pu my photos on picasa - can i link to that - doesnt seem to work.

It's on now. I'm having trouble keeping my temps down. How do you build your fire.

Is it lit coals on top of unlit or a small amount of lit under unlit?

I have all the vents down and it still wont go down.

Im at 250 now goign to bed hope its nto too much.

Not sure how to de-heat the beast. I even plugged the thermometer hole.

Should be no air at all - still heating up

i pu my photos on picasa - can i link to that - doesnt seem to work.

I can't help w/this.

It's on now. I'm having trouble keeping my temps down. How do you build your fire.

Light one piece of lump. (outside unit) Put in center of unit and prop a couple of lump pieces over the top

Is it lit coals on top of unlit or a small amount of lit under unlit?

I have all the vents down and it still wont go down.

Once all vents are closed fire will go out. As long as top vent is cracked fire will stay lit. DO NOT over tighten. Just to stuck lightly is good.

Im at 250 now goign to bed hope its nto too much.

No problem if vents are closed.

Not sure how to de-heat the beast. I even plugged the thermometer hole.

The KK is a heat sink. Just wait.

Should be no air at all - still heating up

Is lid locked down to the second position? It catches ONCE when you close lid. THEN you push down on lever to go to second lock. You will feel it. Very minor but you will feel it.

lid definitely plugged - no smoke escapign or anything.

I know people say if you shut the vents and close the lid the fire goes out but it doesnt on my KK.

Pork Collar wasgreat - a lot like shulder - maybe a little fattier which is good - a bit juicier and I need to make ti even more juicy - might try the apple juice thing.

My temps varied a lot between 190-260. I cant get consistency. Stoker comes this week - hope that helps.

lid definitely plugged - no smoke escapign or anything.

I know people say if you shut the vents and close the lid the fire goes out but it doesnt on my KK.

Pork Collar wasgreat - a lot like shulder - maybe a little fattier which is good - a bit juicier and I need to make ti even more juicy - might try the apple juice thing.

My temps varied a lot between 190-260. I cant get consistency. Stoker comes this week - hope that helps.

Heylo Jack..

I just tried to call you.. left my cell on your cell voice mail. Please feel free to call.

Whenever I read that temps varied I know that the person was trying to adjust the airflow/temps before the KK became fully heat soaked.

If you can't shut off your coals you probably missed the note about the latch having two positions..

If the temps are high and you can't get them down, you probably heat soaked the body at a high temp and it is holding it..