Saison

Temperature probe plug for dual probes

Something I'd like to see is a rubber plug with two holes drilled in it for controllers like the Maverick ET-732. One probe is for the food, the other for the grill temp. You can jam them though the single hole, but I think there is enough room for two holes and a nicer fit.

Something else I think I'd like is for the probe hole to be at the back somehow so you don't have to look at the wires etc if you don't want to.

Just some musings. :)

Re: Temperature probe plug for dual probes

Something I'd like to see is a rubber plug with two holes drilled in it for controllers like the Maverick ET-732. One probe is for the food, the other for the grill temp. You can jam them though the single hole, but I think there is enough room for two holes and a nicer fit.

Something else I think I'd like is for the probe hole to be at the back somehow so you don't have to look at the wires etc if you don't want to.

Just some musings. :)

Sorry about my delay in getting back to you..

Been a tough week as some jerk stole our lil dog off our front porch.

I drilled just one hole in mine and made a cut to center.. I leave both my wires thru it and have never had any problems with both in one hole.. I'm at the factory in Surabaya but will take shots of it when I get home.

While having the hole in the rear might be more cosmetic, it will not be easy to access with side tables installed. I've found that using small nylon ties to keep the cables together and a little coiled makes it less sloppy looking. Computer cable ties work well too..

I didn't explain myself very well. What I do is use the plug as the probe holder for the BBQ temp probe.

I still like the idea of the wires in the back out of sight. Man, sorry to hear about the dog, that's horrible. I hope you get it back. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

You might not want to do that. If your probe is just inside the cooker you will be measuring the heat coming up the inside wall. For a low and slow, or a moderate bake, (300-400) you want the probe more centrally located above the heat deflector. The probe just inside the cooker, near the wall will measure a much hotter temp.