Yes, that is correct. I decided to try baking something on the KK, so i went with Brownies. Bought a box from the store and followed directions. Used approx 11 x 7 glass baking dish, cooked at 350 degrees. I used Cococnut Extruded coals for the very first time. Nearly no smoke output, smelled "different" , but good. It did take a LONG time to reach my 350 temp. I had to pull out the lower vent and "partially" closed the lid (did not clamp it down tight) before getting the temp of 350. Once there it maintained, and i closed everything down like you would expect.

Anyway, baked for total of 35 minutes, on the Upper most grill with NO heat deflector stone. After 25 minutes, they looked great, but gooey sticky on the toothpick inserted. 10 minutes later, perfecto.

They tasted awesome. My wife loves Brownies and she thought they were unbelievably delicious. Was surprised i could do this on the KK.

Here is a picture right after coming out of KK:

Photo1.jpg[/attachment:1u44htwd]

Next dessert I will try....Pineapple Upside Down Cake.... Basic yellow cake, melted butter , walnuts, on bottom of pan. Slices of pineapple that i will "sear" or cook on the grill before putting on bottom of cake pan....place Merichino Cherries in he hole of pineapple slices, add Cake Batter, cook for 40 to 45 minutes on top shelf/grill, let rest 15 minutes and flip pan over so pineapple is now on top......no heat stone...and i think it will be awsome.

Dang, this thing bakes as good as is BBQs....

Re: BBQ BROWNIES

Does anybody else find it curious that a gent by the name of "MadMedik" went right to baking brownies in his KK? One has to wonder if these brownies carry a secret ingredient known to help with glaucoma, manage stress, and curiously bring on the munchies! :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding of course but it was too good to pass up! :D8)