ThreeDJ16

Stoker Enclosure

This enclosure might be a little too fancy or expensive for some of you, but it works great. I can't remember the exact dimensions, but there was only one close in this type of container (approx 6"Wx9.5"Lx3"H). Came from Walmart for under $3. I liked the cover extensions on each end that came out over the handles. This gave me a place to make entry holes and they be protected. I can't imagine even a blowing rain getting more than a few drops inside this enclosure, which would not hurt since the Stoker is on rubber feet.

Also, once the cook is done, all parts fit neatly back in box for storage (including fan).

-=J

Edit - stated box dimension on label are 11 1/2" x 7 3/8" x 3 1/4" and 2.7Qt. But I think my measurements were a little more accurate as to the usable area. Made by Sterilite and model 1713.

Re: Stoker Enclosure

Nice! I put a small dish towel at the bottom of mine to absorb stray moisture. It doesn't work when it's really humid (I've had an incident where condensing humidity killed my Stoker - luckily the KK maintained temp and I woke up just about when the brisket reached 195).

It looks like there's a nice lip in front of the probe holes, if that's enough to force the probe wires down a bit it could work as a decent drip loop.

Re: Stoker Enclosure

Good idea about the towel....will have to add that. Maybe just a small one at the back and front.

Hopefully the enclosure will not burn up that little wireless bridge. So far, I have not noticed it getting too hot. The WRT-54G that I was using before got smoking hot....of course I have modified firmware in it and the transmit power boosted. :wink:

-=J