LarryR

KK on Best in Smoke

Re: KK on Best in Smoke

I missed the show! Checked the food networks website and you can't watch previous episodes' date='or at least I wasn't able to find them.[/quote']

Dave: My Tivo says the show will be reaired on the Food Network channel at the following times:

5/11 at 9:00 PM

5/12 at 12:00 AM

5/14 at 3:00 PM

5/15 at 6:00 PM

Hope one of those works for you. I thought I saw 2 KKs on location at Chris' site.

Susan

This is the first show in the series, and i saw bits and pieces of it. i think the TIVO times are for the first show. the second one is Sunday night at 9PM on the food network. It looked like a pretty cool show, but my brother called so i only watched about half of it, and then without sound! gonna catch the first show Saturday, and pick up again Sunday night.... VRtom

I'll preface my comments by saying I've only watched the first episode

I like it but I agree the judges can be jerks sometimes. Same goes for BBQ Pitmasters. I never did like Art Smith as a judge, seemed like an @ssh@le. I didn't like Warren Sapp either. While he had a better personality than Art he knows football and not the idiosyncrasies of BBQ-aside from it tasting good. Mixon as a judge was perfect though. He's been there, done that and has the t-shirt to prove it.

Also don;t really care for the running to the truck to get your food. Thats dumb especially if your Dave who's not in the best shape of his life. Have a little contest to see who gets to pick first. Its a BBQ competition not a fitness competition and poor Dave will always pick last.

The judges are real shitheads. And the fact they wander around during the cook, pre-judging how they think the food will turn out is ridiculous. They should do a blind tasting, and then pass their judgement. The show is totally contrived, made for TV, and not very well made. I won't watch anymore, but I did appreciate seeing Chris and a KK on network TV. Other than that, the show is worthless.

Doc, that is the only reason for me to have watched,seeing Chris and the twins. A friend of mine (Gary Wiviot) once commented as to why he never participated in BBQ comps...." "why would I depend on the judgement of some guy who just ate breakfast at Denny's?"

This show is worthless, the judges are pricks, and 4 hours is not enough time to prepare anything to be judged for a contest called "Best In Smoke". Its just another "Chopped" like show. I must say though, Chris' Mac n Cheese did look bad ass.

They need to show the KK's more too!!

I was really interested to see Chris Lily on the show when this thread started. I watched the first episode, but I probably won't watch anymore for the same reason I rarely watch Food Network these days. The shows aren't about educating the viewer or letting a chef show off some skills. They are designed to force the chefs to fail. At the beginning of the show I was really into it, I mean they had Chris Lily and THE Famous Dave on the same show for goodness sakes. All of the contestants looked really good. I see no reason to get these great Q'ers together and subject them to what they did. I want to see a show where they let these folks succeed, not fail.