quedog

First Pizza

I cooked my first pizzas on my new KK this past weekend:

n68188

Everything went pretty smoothly. I initially had the dome temp up to about 600, but the pizza toppings were fully cooked before the crust got nice and brown. I closed down the bottom vent a bit and let it cool to between 500 ad 550 before cooking the second pie. That worked out a lot better, crust and toppings were done at the same time. This was my first time making pizza dough from scratch. It was pretty good but I think next time I will add more salt to the dough, it was sort of bland. If anyone has suggestions for a good dough recipe I would like to hear them.

Re: First Pizza

bobvoeh, I used Grillmark lump from the local Ace hardware store. It's cheap and it did just fine for the pizza but I have noticed an off-taste in a couple of items that required a longer time in the grill. I don't don't know if that is more related to the charcoal or my technique yet. I went by Walmart this week and picked up a couple bags of Royal Oak lump to see how that performs.