mkwjr

New to ceramic cooking

I am anxiously awaiting my KK to be delivered to complete my new outdoor kitchen. While i am waiting, this forum appears to be a great resource for recipes and advanced techniques, but i would love any recommendations for books Or other resources on the basics of using a ceramic cooker. Thanks! Mike

Re: New to ceramic cooking

It's a small world, and I don't know of a cookbook that does this justice. We've all learned by experiment and from each other.

If one doesn't naturally cook with fire, it's possible a gift Komodo might not take. If one has grabbed every opportunity to milk the best out of whatever fire-cooking apparatus was available, I haven't heard of a single case of buyer's remorse. A good ceramic cooker (KK makes the best) is a pizza oven, tandoor, smoker, Weber, pie and bread oven, you name it, all at once.

I'm a mathematician, we believe in going to original sources. The tandoor predates the KK by oh, thousands of years. One of my favorite cookbooks is Tandoor: The Great Indian Barbecue by Ranjit Rai, ISBN13: 9781585671441, ISBN10: 1585671444. Written for Indian audience, and alas out of print.