Paswesley

Pork Roast Pacifique

KK Family: Here's a try at a tropical themed pork loin roast. A nine pound tied boneless pork loin was rubbed lavishly in the rub that was given in the post called "Mable's First Birthday Cook." Next, it was marinated for 14 hours in Robert Rothschild's Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce. Smoke will be a little of the hickory chunks left from Thursday's cook, with a big chunk of white birch thrown in. I am cooking it at 220 until it reaches 165 internal, and then I will finish it at 275 degrees. Please excuse the pink blur in the upper right corner of the pic. That is my right index finger, which is delicious when accidentally slathered in marinade. ;)fetch?id=68214fetch?id=68214

Re: Pork Roast Pacifique Update Pics: These are the "done" and "sliced" pics. The sliced pic clearly shows a distinct smoke ring. I placed a small dish of the tropical marinade alongside the roast, to be used as a condiment. The pics do not do this dish justice. It was absolutely delicious, succulent, juicy and fragrant. The hickory/birch smoke combo was outstanding. Now, I can't wait for an excuse to make a sandwich on soft, crusty bread with some sharp Irish cheese. Enjoy! fetch?id=66922fetch?id=66923

post-6845-139082395358_thumb.jpg