Paswesley

Incredible Technology

@Dennis:

I gave my testimonials a year ago, but I have to brag about your product this once more. The level of build quality and engineering for performance in these OTBs is simply amazing. I have not invested in a Guru or Stoker, just a basic temp probe and remote- a Redi-Chek. Today, I had to do two things: cook a 10 lb. boneless pork loin roast, and attend a business meeting with the downline in our energy consulting business. Now, those two things are mutually exclusive without a Stoker or Guru- especially since the meeting was in Gaithersburg, MD, 45 miles away. Yet, I was determined to do both things successfully.

I would not even consider doing what I decided to do with any cooker, unaided by Guru or Stoker technology, other than Dennis' product. I built the heat sink slowly (over an hour) and stabilized her at 212 degrees. I put in the roast at 43 degrees internal, at 4:00 pm and trusted Dennis and Mable for the rest. I left for my meeting at 5:20 pm and returned from Gaithersburg at 11:28 pm. I immediately went to the patio to check on Mable. My confidence was shown to have been justified. After operating unattended for 7.5 hours, the TruTemp pointed like a rock at 212 degrees! It had not moved a hair up or down. Ambient temp was 102 F when I left for the meeting and 80 F when I returned. Internal temp of the roast was 156 degrees. This means the ambient temperature had no effect on Mable's internal temp. Superlatives fail me. Dennis, my hat is again off to you for the truly incredible quality and performance that you engineer into these cookers. I sincerely thank you. :D

Re: Incredible Technology

Good job on setting it right!! I have found that by letting the temp creep up slowly like you did, I get more consistent results. If you try to get it up to temp quicker by "opening her up" at first, you will have a hard time stablizing the temp.

But, where's the pics???