fcnich

Roti install question Help

Re: Roti install question Help

HI bbqpete,

Yes, i did get it all figured out. What happened was that i purchased a new 2007 model, called the "Supreme", Dennis sent me a mounting bracket for a gen II, which does not work with my cooker. He is trying to fine me one at this time. I bought the 50lb motor 110v. Thanks for your interest!

fetch?id=67385

I've got the same issue with my brand new KK. First, the square alu with spring is too long to allow insertion into the KK. Second, the shaft rubs on the motor bracket. I hope these pictures can explain the issue. The motor is the recommended 50 lb motor from Joes.

post-7455-139082403765_thumb.jpg

post-7455-139082403774_thumb.jpg

HI bbqpete,

Yes, i did get it all figured out. What happened was that i purchased a new 2007 model, called the "Supreme", Dennis sent me a mounting bracket for a gen II, which does not work with my cooker. He is trying to fine me one at this time. I bought the 50lb motor 110v. Thanks for your interest!

Yes that new bracket is for a different bolt pattern.. The 2007 model has two bolts.. I'll need to see if we have any or how we can modify a new one to work..

[/attachment]post-6980-139082391204_thumb.jpggrill bracket rubs.jpg[/attachment:24ro1wnh]I've got the same issue with my brand new KK. First, the square alu with spring is too long to allow insertion into the KK. Second, the shaft rubs on the motor bracket.

I hope these pictures can explain the issue. The motor is the recommended 50 lb motor from Joes.

Shaft Length problem:

I've been trying to match shafts with at least three different motors.

I've recently sent all the shafts to Joe at one grill and he'll match them up before they go out. He said that the motor manufacturer is unable to always source the same sockets so they use what they can get.

With traditional rotisseries it does not affect how they work.. It of course messes up our KK's system.

Bracket hole alignment issue..

Never been told of this one although while not ideal it should be easy to modify it so the motor does not slide as far onto the glides.. this will center the shaft in the hole.. I'll call Joe again on Monday..

Dennis,

I have sent a couple of emails within the last week or so related to this same issue. The last email, sent Jan 8, has numerous photographs as well as a word document containing a fairly extensive discussion of the problem(s).

Since this email I have a few additional items (roti and other). I will send another email tomorrow detailing this.

You may want to look over this information before your Monday conversation with Joe.

Thanks,

Jim Gibson