bri134

High Temp Coffee Cardomom Brisket

Bought a whole packer last week and came across the coffee/cardomom rub thread and decided to give it a try. This was also my first high temp brisket. Made the rub according to the recipe, marinated overnight. 335-ish for about 2.5 hours (168-ish in the flat). Pulled it off, into a foil pan tented with HD foil. Back onto the KK for about another 2-ish hours till it was probe tender. My thermopen read 210 FWIW. Pulled it off, rested for 30, separated the point and sliced the flat. Point back on for burnt ends (no pics of the point, it's gone already). The flat is great, very moist and succulent. Simply delicious, however I'd like to echo similar sentiments I've read here that a chuck roast is better than a brisket on multiple levels. As good as this was, I simply can't tell the difference between a brisket and a chuckroast, and generally chucks are a fraction of the cost. Maybe I'm just not doing my briskets right, I've never a brisket in the traditional Texas sense. Any any rate, here's the food p0rn. fetch?id=68271fetch?id=68272

Re: High Temp Coffee Cardomom Brisket

Look at all that juice! That stuff is good for so many things. It's one of the advantages of the foiling. Hope you kept all of it.

I kind of forgot about doing chuck rolls since I started the high temp briskies. We will have to try a comparo here soon.

Re: High Temp Coffee Cardomom Brisket

Leave the fat in it (or skim it) and mix it in with mashed potatoes. Add a little to your dogs dry food. Saute some asparagus in it. Brush it on buns that you toast for sandwiches, burgers etc. Obviously, make gravy. Drizzle it on green beans. Use your imagination.