Cookie

Two Turkeys - Will They Fit?

Re: Two Turkeys - Will They Fit?

Any idea how I can simultaneously cook two 20 pounders in the 23" OTB? I've thought about verticle' date=' side-by-side, but am guessing they'd still rub the sidewalls / not fit. I found some turkey setters online if anyone thinks verticle will work?[/quote']

Damn.. how did you find two 20 pounders in Singapore?

All the frozen ones here in Bali are only 5-6 kilos..

But these 5-6 kilos birdies will fit up on the upper grill but it toasted the skin ...

I'm not sure the upper would fit over a 20 lb birdy..

Safest bet would be a double spatchcock... Maybe start the top one a half hour before the lower.. after it's been browned, yank it and the upper and brown up the lower one..

;);)

[quote=

But these 5-6 kilos birdies will fit up on the upper grill but it toasted the skin ...

This works in regular oven. Not sure if it will help skin problem here. But for what it's worth...

Thanksgiving turkey:

Place it in a paper bag.

No, it won’t burn, as long as you keep it below 451F.

Long and slow is the way to do it:

The bag, I have found, is the perfect containment unit.

The juices penetrate the meat just right.

Dennis, lots of big birds over here in Singers...I don't have a fridge big enough for two, so I go to a butcher who thaws and delivers the day of the cook... Nobody thinks vertical will work, centered, with just small gap between them?

Dennis' date=' lots of big birds over here in Singers...I don't have a fridge big enough for two, so I go to a butcher who thaws and delivers the day of the cook... Nobody thinks vertical will work, centered, with just small gap between them?[/quote']

I'm sure vertical will work..

You will have no problem standing them up.. I can't see why you could not tie them/lean them into each other, back bone to back bone... not much meat to cook there anyway.

If you need a larger indirect area than the drip pan.. foil the lower grill front to rear to make a larger indirect area..

Photos please.. ;);)