goody

Help in preperation

Good day, I am in need of some information so that I am on the right page with everyone, I am Looking to purchase a Pit Viper 10 CFM Fan for my soon to arrive 23 cobalt blue cooker, and also a PartyQ No Adapter temp controller. I am not really sure how these two units come into play with each other and have researched it and still cant come up with the right information :(. I am pretty sure i am on the right track of these two items, but what does confuse me is that the PartyQ connects to the grating , but what about the meat that your cooking. Your controlling the temp inside the cooker just as if it were the oven in your house,correct. Any help so that I get the right parts for my soon to arrive cooker would be greatly appreciated.

Any simple instructions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Captain Greg & Kathy Goodwin

Re: Help in preperation

Hey Greg,

Here is my take on this,if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

The Party Q is a self contained unit, it has a built in 5 cfm fan and one temp probe for monitoring the pit temp. The whole unit simply attaches into the fan hole at the bottom of the grill.

So, you would not need a separate fan, and you cannot monitor the meat temp with this unit.

I have a Cyber Q II, which is a little over kill, but it can have a separate fan, pit temp probe and 2 meat temp probes (all of which can be replaced if they go bad).

When I first got mine, I was all worried about maintaining the temp overnight, but this really is a set-it and forget-it deal, once you have it at the temp you want, it will stay there way longer than you will ever need it to, assuming you have enough fuel in the basket.

Hope this helps

And you going to love this grill :P

Re: Help in preperation

Reading the description of the Part Q, it is a very simple set up that has a built in fan. So you don't want/ need a separate fan with it. It does not have the ability to monitor meat temperature, only the grill/ pit temp.

You need one of their other systems if you want to monitor food temps and use that to control the KK...

http://www.thebbqguru.com/products/Digi ... e%29-.html

I use a stoker and love the Internet interface. I've been known to adjust my temps from my favorite watering hole. ;-)

https://www.rocksbarbque.com/Systems.html

Hope that helps.....

I'm sure either company would be glad to walk you through a set up if you call them.

Jeff