Paswesley

Christmas Turkey 2011

These are pics of my first attempt at brining a turkey. I may have put too much apple juice in the brining mixture. There appear to be drops of sugar forming on the legs and elsewhere. The proof will be in the eating. I know this is not the prettiest of birds. Then again, I cook turkey more for flavor than presentation. I am going to convert the entire bird to turkey hash prior to serving anyway. 8)fetch?id=68330 I took several pics and each has the odd whitish swirl. It is not smoke. Ghost of Christmas present, perhaps? Hmmmm... ;)fetch?id=68331

Re: Christmas Turkey 2011 Thanks for the compliment. It is delicious! I will be brining all of my birds from now on. I got into a hurry and did not take a pic of the finished bird. However, this is a pic of the finished hash, ready to serve. I thought I would take the pic as if I was offering the world a serving. The hash is to be served over steamed rice or stiff mashed potatoes. It is "smack yo' mama good," I guarantee! fetch?id=67019

post-6845-139082397524_thumb.jpg

Re: Christmas Turkey 2011 Although this was not cooked on a KK, I thought everyone would want to meet the guest of honor at the Christmas Eve feast of our clan. We call it "lechon." Roughly translated, that means roast pig. I had Nana to stand behind it for scale. It is a 100 pound shoat- a castrated male feeder pig. Masarap! (Delicious!) fetch?id=67020

post-6845-139082397528_thumb.jpg