cpwebb

Ribeye Roast

I cooked a 14lb ribeye roast for Christmas this year, along with my wife's rendition of Junior's Cheesecake - all on the KK and I must say it turned out great. The cheesecake was done on Saturday afternoon using only KK's extruded coconut charcoal and the ribeye roast was done with BB lump charcoal and a couple of pieces of Dennis' coffee wood added at the same time as the roast. I also threw on some Yorkshire pudding when the roast was done and a few stuffed Jalapeno's. Here is the cheesecake just before removing it from the KK - the drip pan works great as the water bath for the cake.

fetch?id=68332

Here is the roast just before slicing, you can see some of the jalapeno's in the background. fetch?id=68333

Here is the center of the roast after serving some of the family, it was a little more done than I normally like but I had to compromise for some family members.

fetch?id=68334

On Monday I sliced the roast really thin and ate it on some nice hard sourdough buns with grilled peppers!! The coco charcoal gives just a hint of flavor to a standard cheesecake and would highly recommend it to anyone. The coffee wood was very impressive as well - this should become a standard offering!

Re: Ribeye Roast

A rib roast on the KK is right up there with a pork shoulder as being one of the highest purposes for the cooker. They just come out luscious. If you haven't done one, do so!!! They come out superb at any cooking temp between 300 to 400, indirect. If you want to show off at a party, this is one way to do it.