Tigeranteater

MY NEW KK!!!

Re: MY NEW KK!!!

Welcome to the family. It is always good to bring in another Southerner. I live in Maryland, but I was born and raised in southern VA. I am southern born and southern bred, and when I die, I'll be southern dead. You will love your KK. Everything you cook will taste better than food from a five star restaurant. Post a pic of your new family member ASAP.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Yes, I am from Louisiana and now live in Signal Mountain Tennessee. Yes, I went to LSU and yes I bleed purple and gold and after the other night my wife thought she may have to put me on suicide watch after the game.

I am so looking forward to my new KK!! It has really been a struggle using my other two from Richard...

I mean with the top crumbling and all.

Dennis, THANK YOU for quality, beauty and old time craftsmanship!!!!

I can't wait.

Steve

Lee, that looks great. I take it you mean 180 F (not Celsius)?

Just if you get a chance, could you post your technique for that smoking. (I'm a KK newbie).

Particularly:

What was your KK setup (firebox, charcoal/smoking wood used, grills, etc).

How did you do the smoke for six hours. Were you adding soaked wood throughout the process.

Your use of foil.

Just if you get a chance.

Tribeless,

The recipe & cooking tecnique was found on The Naked Whiz website below:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/smokedsalmon.htm

Now we have cooked a lot of cedarplank Salmon, that takes about 20-30 minutes of cooking time at 350 degrees F. This is smoked at a low temp of 180-200 degrees F. for about 6 hours. If you follow the receipe it is a 3 or 4 day procedure. Day 1 brine, day 2 dry in refrigerator, day 3 smoke salmon, then eat or refrigerate we do both, eat some & refrigerate some. I would urge you to try it both ways.

Lee G.

Lee, I would love to get together with you someday as you are not to terribly far away. My KK will be shipped after we get back from Mexico (we have a wedding to attend). I am pretty excited about cooking on a work of art....IN FACT I GAVE my RJ Kamado away to a friend this weekend! He was excited to get it and vowed to repair it...I was just as excited to get rid of it!

My new KK just arrived! I lured 5 of my biking buddies over to assist in lifting off the pallet with home made chili and an IOU for future grillin's. I'm a detail guy and I think I've met my match in the detail Dennis goes to. My biggest a concern was not wiring a small fortune to Dennis, it was in the KK getting half way around the world without damage. I'm happy to report that the color was correct and the unit was in perfect condition. Not by accident I might add. The crating design and quality was top drawer. Miles of stretch wrap and hundreds of nails kept it all safe and sound. Icing on the cake was the rope installed around the legs to assist in lifting. Fortunately the excitement and muscle power eliminated the need to remove the top before pulling off the pallet base. Less than 24 hrs after delivery it has grilled a tasty BBQ chicken meal with plans for more creative eats this weekend.

The fun has begun!