casebeag

Estimated cook time - sirloin tip roast

Re: Estimated cook time - sirloin tip roast

One thing to go by, do not cook by time but by internal temp. I don't know how you like how you like you meat; Rare, Medium rare, or medium; but to me 140 would be rather high. I think you already know but your roast will continue to cook after you take it off and cover it.

Enjoy the cook and your meal.

Gary

If I had to make a guess at 250 F, it would be around 2 hours. As EGGARY says, go by the internal temps and pull at somewhere around 125, of course the roast is going to continue to cook when you remove it, and a tip roast is a bit dry. That being said you should have a target temp of about 135 after the dwell time out of the KK, sliced thin and served up with a sauce made from the drippings in your drip pan!

Here is another idea. I have done this with my Big Green Egg and will definitely will do this with the KK. With either the Sirloin Tip Roast or Round Eye Roast, cook it until it gets to 125 degrees. Take it off and let it cool and wrap it up and put it in the refrigerator overnight. If you have a meat slicer, slice it thin for sandwiches. This is one of my favorite ways to make roast beef sandwiches as well as Beef Dip Sandwiches. Also Italian Beef Sandwiches. Yummm

Gary

At 275 degrees you won't get much browning of the meat. You may want to consider roasting at a higher heat (375) or searing the roast just prior to taking it to the table (reverse sear method).

Last STR I did was done direct at 425F-tossed some apple chips in for smoke. Took lil over an hour to get to 130F internal. About 15 min per 'side'. Sliced rested meat thin for sandwiches. Ground leftovers

for salad.

Wish this cut went on sale more often.

dub(I wouldn't lo-n-slo this one at all)