Cookie

Komodo Kamado Safe / Practical Cookware

If this topic has already been discussed ad nauseum, I apologize for starting a new thread, but I'd like to try to get a consolidated list of cookware people have used safe and successfully in their KK. I have often wondered if putting enameled cookware (such as a le creuset casserole dish or dutch oven) was safe -- not so much for the food or KK, but safe for the cookware (ie does it clean up ok, or is smoking in a $300 dutch oven a stupid idea?).

So, I'll start this off with what I've successfully cooked with in my own KK, that is not impacted by smoke, heat, etc, and basically cleans up as it would if used in an oven:

1. Cast Iron Cookware (Duh)

2. Pyrex Cookware (think 9x13 pans, pie dishes, etc, never on direct or super high heat, usually 400F and lower)

3. Disposable Aluminum Pans

MadMedik just did a Paella in a pan purchased at Sur La Tab...again prompting me to wonder...is it a great idea to be putting expensive cookware in the KK with smoke? I hope the answer most of you are finding is YES, but I've not taken any chances with our "good stuff."

So, what else do you ladies and gentlemen (I know, I've taken great liberty with those two monikers) us in your KKs with little or no trouble? I hope someone can specifically share their experiences with:

1. Enameled cookware

2. Stainless cookware (such as expensive Calphalon, not the non-stick stuff, just straight stainless)

Thanks,

Brian

Re: Komodo Kamado Safe / Practical Cookware

Well, you can work your ass off getting the smoke and tar off of anything you put in the KK. I just have various pans and cast iron, and a paella pan, I only use in the KK, I don't store(the filthy things) in the kitchen. And I only clean the inside of them.

Re: Komodo Kamado Safe / Practical Cookware

I don't store(the filthy things) in the kitchen. And I only clean the inside of them.

Yep. My favorite in this category is a large cazuela. It lives in the garage when not in use. Awesome for example for brined salmon over a bed of supermarket basil. Or roasting tomatoes, that sort of thing.